Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hello Kitty: The Mermaid Version

I've always enjoyed Hello Kitty. Whenever I see a piece of Hello Kitty merchandise that I really like, such as some nice stickers, or a cute notepad or figurine, I'll buy it if it's within a reasonable price range. I'm definitely not an avid collector though, like I am with mermaids. So imagine how pleased I was to have come across some Hello Kitty Mermaid items over the last several years!

The first Hello Kitty Mermaid item that I added to My Mermaid Collection was a diecut velvet poster for coloring, which I found at Michaels about 7 or 8 years ago. It was the only one of its kind on the shelf, and I snapped it up right away.


I really like the idea of Hello Kitty as a mermaid, with her cute floral motif and sweet little tail. The dolphin, starfish, shells, and friendly fish complete the picture.


I wonder if one day I'll have the courage to open this package up and actually color the poster!


I also received another Hello Kitty Mermaid item a few years back as a little Christmas gift from a coworker, it's a keychain.


Although it is quite sweet, it's fairly cheaply made, and the application of color is a bit sloppy. But it's the thought that counts, and this little keychain makes another nice addition to My Mermaid Collection.

How many of you have found Hello Kitty Mermaid items out there? I would love to hear about what they are, and where you found them.

See you in a week, and take care.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment